Best Golf Gloves Reviewed & Rated for Quality
As a golfer, you will have many stories to tell, some of which are about a great shot you hit, whereas others are about shots which slipped away. No matter if you have only played one round of golf, or play many rounds in a given week, these kinds of stories will always abound. And there are always a variety of reasons for the stories which showcase something bad happening:
- It could be the golf clubs just didn’t hit the ball right (not that the swing was bad, of course – clearly it was the golf clubs fault).
- Maybe the ground wasn’t rolled correctly (and not that the ball was mishit – obviously).
- Perhaps the ball landed in the wrong spot on the course due to the high winds (and not that the ball was hooked or sliced).
- Callaway Dawn Patrol Golf Glove
- Quality Construction
- MG Golf DynaGrip
- Cabretta Leather
- Mizuno RainFit Golf Gloves
- Rain Grip
And there are countless other stories like this. However, one of the biggest contributors to stories like this is that a golf club “slipped” during the swing, causing the ball to go in an errant direction.
This issue can be remedied pretty quickly, by investing in a quality golf glove. A golf glove is intended to ensure your golf club will not wiggle during your swing, so you can ensure to give yourself the best chance to hit a pure swing each time. The golf glove is one of those items which does not cost a lot, but it is vital towards the success of your round. Think of it this way – there is only one body part which touches the golf club during a swing, which is your hand. Since your hands are the only thing which is touching the golf club, then you need to ensure your hands have as firm of a grip as possible on the golf club.
Within this buying guide, we are going to cover certain topics, like what makes a great golf glove. In addition to this, we’ll review some of the best golf gloves within the market currently. We’ll then review a checklist, providing you with the necessary components to decide what kind of golf glove is best for you. Finally, we’ll answer some Frequently Asked Questions.
Let’s get started!
10 Best Golf Gloves
When it comes to a quality brand that understands the value of giving users what they desire most, quality and durability, this is it. This brand is known as one of the best within the golf community and every product whether priced reasonably or considered higher end is created with the best of quality materials and craftsmanship. With that in mind, let’s talk about the Callaway Men’s Dawn Patrol Golf Glove and what makes it one of the best gloves for individuals today.
Quality Material Construction
This brand is known for their reasonably priced items that are also designed with masterful quality. With that, we can say that these gloves are designed with some of the best quality materials and features without breaking the bank. In fact, the gloves are designed from an all leather construction material that feels great, has a perfect fit, and is extremely durable. With this, users can expect optimum performance and quality from the gloves. More so, the gloves are designed for optimal fit quality and feel super thin and light.
Perfect For Long Days On The Course
What is even more cumbersome than a rainy day on the course, maybe wearing the wrong or uncomfortable gear. With that, users can expect that these gloves are designed with a comfort fit style that is perfect for an all-day wear experience. With that, the soft feel and moisture absorption qualities are ideal for individuals that are on the course all day and tend to sweat. With that said, users can expect all-day comfort and moisture-resistant technology that also enhances the breathability and airflow of the gloves so individuals are not drenched in their own hand sweat.
Cost And Value
As we take cost and value into consideration, it is important to keep in mind that these gloves are made from some of the highest quality materials from a brand that excels at performance and quality. With that, users can expect that these gloves are comfortably priced and will sell quick. Also, the gloves are great in value and ensure individuals many days on the course.
- Perforations on the palm region and fingers aid in breathability and moisture reduction.
- The opti fit adjustable closure is perfect for individuals wanting a light and secure fit.
- These are high-quality golf gloves that can be used in many different outdoor sports.
- These gloves are very durable and are designed to handle months and years of wear and tear.
- Consumers may choose from right-hand and left-hand sizes.
- To ensure the best fit, the company also offers different sized gloves.
- Consumers have mentioned that these gloves run smaller than anticipated.
When it comes to gloves that excel at excellence, these are it. We are eager to share with our readers the MG Golf DynaGrip Elite All-Cabretta Leather Golf Gloves, quality golf gloves designed for the everyday golfer. With that said, let’s look at two important points that users can expect from these, thinner but stronger golf gloves.
Lighter Than Most
If you are an individual that wants the freedom of lighter golf gloves than these are it. One of the most common problems from individuals when it comes to golf gloves is that the most professional ones are designed a bit heavy. With these gloves, users can expect a quality and lighter feel than most golf gloves. The noticeably lighter feel allows users to have a more secure grip and feel when using these specialty and quality gloves.
The Cabretta Leather
When it comes to Cabretta leather, users know that these gloves are designed to withstand the test of time. In fact, this brand uses the most expensive and durable Cabretta leather out there. With this, users expect quality gloves that are durable. Other than that, the gloves and the Cabretta leather allow for better breathability and functionality, so users can wear the gloves all day long without any discomfort. Adding to this, one of the most important aspects of the golf gloves is that they are designed with durability in mind so users can wear them without fear of them tearing or breaking.
Cost And Value
When it comes to cost and value for these golf gloves, users can expect quality gloves that are designed to withstand the test of time. Other than that, the gloves are great for individuals starting out in the golfing community or want a better grip and stance when on the course. For the price, users have mentioned that they feel a bit cheap. However, they sure do perform great in the area of breathability and functionality. As everyday gloves, we recommend them, just ensure you clean them, and take good care of them so they last longer.
- Perfect for individuals wanting quality budget friendly gloves.
- The color of these gloves are favorable in the industry.
- Two hand choices to choose from.
- The type of material that the manufacturer used, Cabretta leather, feels soft and nice.
- There are perforated holes throughout the glove’s design to enhance and improve both breathability and functionalty.
- There is also a comfort grip to improve performance.
- Consumers can expect a lighter fit design.
- Runs smaller than advertised users have mentioned.
It is time to talk about what may be known as one of the best and ‘out-of-this-world’ golf gloves available today. These next golf gloves are designed with quality in mind and designed with a slew of cool features and design elements that are worth any individual’s consideration. We are eager to talk about the Bionic Gloves Men’s StableGrip Golf Glove, a step towards a better golf glove that users will enjoy. With that said, let’s look at what makes the StableGrip one of the best golf gloves available today.
Designed For Perspiration
We know that this may be a tedious subject, but moisture-resistant gloves are the best out there and this brand understand that to keep up with the competition, they have to appeal to the audience that needs and wants moisture-resistant gloves. With that, they designed these in a way that includes a Lycra material between the finger gussets as well as maximum breathability in different areas of the gloves. With this, users can feel more comfortable wearing gloves even in hot weather as they sweat. This design is designed for individuals that want comfort an reassurance that daily sweat will be no problem.
Woah! Did we just write machine washable? Yes, we were extremely shocked that these gloves are machine washable. Of course, an individual has to wash them on the delicate cycle but we are eager to share with our viewer’s wash that is specifically designed for machine wash use. This feature is rare in many gloves because many tend to be made out of durable leather or other material. However, these gloves are created and designed with top of the line materials that can handle a wash or two.
Cost And Value
When it comes to cost and value, we consider these gloves very high-quality intermediate level gloves for individuals that want quality in their everyday golfing game. With this, users can expect a high-quality glove that can easily withstand the test of time and not break after a couple of swings. Now, for the price, it really varies depending on the size an individual buys and whether it is right-hand use or left-hand use. With that said, we believe that for the value an individual is getting a great bang for their buck.
- These gloves are made from genuine premium leather, promoting a greater sense of durability than other golf gloves.
- The materials in the glove are soft enough for golfers to choose either 9 or 18 holes with no questions asked.
- The additional pad on the palm of the gloves adds extra support, protection, and durability.
- Thanks to the grip – it can help prevent traditional fatigue that golfers experience.
- The Terrycloth interior can help manage the build-up of moisture.
- Anatomical relief pad design for better support and less finger pain.
- Users have mentioned that the gloves can fit a bit tight.
For consumers that want quality gloves at a decent and reasonable price, these are the ones for you. In fact, for the price, an individual gets a two pack of these beautifully crafted golf gloves. Let’s talk about the FootJoy Golf – MLH WeatherSoft Golf Gloves and what makes them one of the most special gloves in the industry today for golfers starting out. When it comes to long-lasting durability, these are it. Let’s look at two notable features worth taking into consideration.
The Grip Design
The design of these gloves includes everything from a durable built quality to a comfortable fit. However, it is the Fibersof material that provides an excellent for individuals wanting quality and consistency. With that, users will feel a soft but secure fit when they were them. With that, part of the materials included in these masterful gloves is a Tractions 2 Advance Performance Leather that feels durable and is great in certain key-stress areas.
The Mesh Design
One common trait that we have found when it comes to quality gloves is that quality brands tend to create the gloves with a mesh design in the insert area. For example, this brand designed these gloves with a PowerNet Mesh insert in specific areas. The areas include the knuckles so individuals get a better and more breathable experience with the gloves. Other than that, the gloves are masterfully flexible and designed to withstand the test of time.
Cost And Value
As we take cost and value into consideration for these gloves, we were a bit skeptical by the low price. It is commonly known that lower priced items tend to sometimes be of lesser quality and may break easier. However, after getting to know the product more and reading about individuals experience with these gloves, we realized they are the ideal gloves for individuals wanting to start out in the golf game. With that, we can say that these gloves are designed with value in mind for golfers that want the pro experience.
- These are high-quality, starter gloves for those interested in beginner golf.
- What makes these gloves appeal to be higher-quality is the unique, bright white color.
- The materials are designed for a comfortable and consistent fit, meaning they never lose elasticity or grip.
- These are designed to withstand many different weather environments.
- The PowerNet Mesh insert is great for improving breathability and minimizing sweat and odors.
- Users have mentioned that these gloves may not be comfortable at first.
As one of the best active sportswear brands in the golf industry. We want to start our first review with a bang. We are eager to share what is known as one of the best golf brands in the industry that supplies everything from golf gloves to other equipment. With that in mind, these golf gloves are comfortable, high quality, durable, and best in class. Let’s talk about the Taylor Made Men’s Stratus Sports Golf Glove and what users can expect from these quality golf gloves. Here are two points a golfer should take into consideration for these golf gloves.
Premium Leather Material
When it comes to quality, this brand knows how to execute. With that said, it is no doubt that these golf clubs are made from one of the best materials out there. Not only are they extremely durable, but they are classy and highly professional. Made from Premium Leather, these golf clubs are designed to withstand the test of time. However, as with any leather product, it is vital for individuals to get to know how to properly clean the gloves for better handling and care. With that said, users can expect the leather to be stretchy thanks to the Stretch Lycra panel design but also form-fitting to the ideal hand.
Comes In A Variety Of Choices
This brand not only excelled in creating one of the best premium leather golf gloves in the industry. They also have created them to fit virtually every golfer. With this brand, users can pick between wearing them on the left hand or right hand, which allows for better gripping and handling. Therefore, if an individual wants quality for both their hands or their putting golf hand, these gloves are ideal for all individuals.
Cost And Value
As we take cost and value into consideration for these particular gloves, we have to mention that this brand, in particular, is highly trusted. With this, users can expect a high-quality glove designed to withstand the test of time. With that in mind, the gloves can be worn on separate hands, depending on the style bought and they come in a variety of sizes. Now, these factors will influence the price so it is up to the users to choose the best for him or her. With that said, no individual will be disappointed by going with this brand.
- Many golfers have praised the white leather color as beautiful and appealing.
- This golf glove is offered at an incredible price tag.
- These gloves are designed to withstand the test of time.
- An ergonomic top pull tab is perfect to easily remove the gloves.
- The gloves are engineered with perforation for better breathability and comfort.
- Moisture-wicking design so individuals sweat less.
- As with many leather products, users have mentioned that these gloves can be a bit tight at first.
When it comes to brands that specialize in a particular industry, everyone knows this one. We are eager to share the Wilson Staff Grip Soft Men’s Golf Glove and what users can expect from these high-quality golf gloves. Designed for golfers that want comfort and appeal, these golf gloves should be on any golfer’s gear list when it comes to starter golf gloves.
Perfect For The Starter Pro Golfer
These golf gloves are the ideal golf gloves for individuals that want to start in the pro leagues. Well, they are ideal for anyone that wants a more professional golfing experience. The reason being is that the material is a synthetic material blend known as Cabretta. This material blend will war and tare overtime after long periods of use. However, it is known as one of the most comfortable and for the price, they are considered really great starter gloves.
Perfect Breathable Stretch
According to many reviews, these gloves are extremely breathable. Maybe it is due to the breathable design on aspects of the glove such as the fingers and the palm. The stretchy part of the gloves is the area between the fingers, primarily the thumb and the index finger. This area is considered to be most important when it comes to properly gripping golf clubs. Therefore, individuals find a lot of value in these starter gloves because it gives a more professional experience.
Cost And Value
When it comes to taking cost and value into consideration for these gloves, little to no information is found online. Therefore, when in doubt, read the reviews! What we have found is that many users and viewers appreciate these golf gloves for being one of the most comfortable gloves for the price. With that, the price can range drastically depending on price and which hand an individual is buying them for. With that said, the gloves are intended for maximum comfort while also being very cost effective.
- These gloves are designed with a white color that is appealing for traditional golfers.
- Golfers have touted the impressive comfortability of these gloves – especially when putting them on for the first time.
- The company used stretchy materials to allow for maximum finger movement and comfort during golf.
- Thanks to breathable and ventilation in the glove, golfers can anticipate less sweat.
- Consumers can purchase in either hand – right or left.
- This is made from a well-known brand that most sports fans have heard of.
- Little to no information online about these gloves.
- Synthetic leather can crackle and tare if not careful.
It is time to combine a bit of value with quantity. It is evident that these next golf gloves are not ideal for professional golfers because they lack the appeal of many professional golf gloves. However, these golf gloves are designed for effective use and better performance out on the course. For individuals that recreationally golf on sunny and rainy days, these are the best golf gloves for different weather environments. Let’s talk about the Finger Ten New Men’s Rain-Grip Golf Gloves and what users can expect from this brand.
Quality All-Weather Golf Gloves
These golf gloves are for individuals that see themselves out on the course rain or show. They are specifically formulated and designed to wick away moisture and sweat thanks to the quality manufacturing process. With that, the highly durable 3D Performance Mesh design allows users to have the perfect grip and fit even on rainy days. With this, users can always grip the golf club with ease without worry of missing a swing. Never let rain stop you from achieving your perfect swing with these golf gloves.
For All Individuals
Whether you are a right-handed golfer or left-handed golfer, these golf clubs are ideal for all individuals that love golf. With that said, share them with your golfing friends or family members. With a pack of six individuals can share, save money, and store away golf gloves for travel purposes. These golf gloves are intended for long-term use thanks to the durability and all individuals will tout the high-quality material of the golf gloves. Now, how much does a six pack of these bad boys cost?
Cost And Value
Well, the cost and value of these particular gloves depend on how many an individual purchases. However, if an individual purchases pack of six they will be saving a lot more money than if they bought gloves independently for him or her and all the neighbors. With that said, the real value of these gloves is shown by the durability and quality of them. Users can expect to use them all day long without any discomfort or ware and tare. More so, they are highly effective in the rain and can be used in all different weather environments.
- These gloves are considered higher quality and can be used it almost any weather environment, including rain and wet.
- Thanks to the moisture-wicking properties, these gloves can help prevent the build-up of sweat.
- There is a performance insert made of mesh that is designed to improve one’s grip and performance.
- There are different sizes that consumers can pick from alongside left and right-handed options.
- Each standard purchase comes with 6 packs of gloves.
- These are durable and can last a long time, if taken care of.
- These are not for professional golfers.
It’s time to move onto to another brand of golf gloves that has created what may be one of the best budget golf gloves in the industry. These golf gloves have a slew of features we are eager to share with you that make them potentially one of the best in the industry. Let’s talk about the TimeBus Men’s Golf Glove and what users can expect from these high-compression and stable-grip gloves. Here are two of our favorite points of concern!
Perfect For All Weather
To create golf gloves that are not good for certain weathers would be to exclude the potentiality of an audience that wants to golf in all weather environments. With that, this brand solves that problem by making them all-weather gloves. Well, how do they do this? The gloves actually have perforations on the palm area and the fingers which allows for better breathability and moisture reduction. With that, users can wear them even in hot weather and still feel comfortable.
Optimal Fit Style Gloves
These golf gloves have what may be one of the best anti-slip designs in the palm region. The gloves have a particle palm design that ensures no perfect swing is missed. With that, another great aspect of the gloves is that this manufacturer has created them with an adjustable closure strap which users can use to adjust the gloves accordingly. This creates a better comfort grip that individuals can trust will enhance their performance.
Cost And Value
As we take cost and value into consideration for these golf gloves, we were pleasantly surprised by the cost of the gloves compared to how many great features and style benefits these gloves offer. With that in mind, users can expect that the gloves are high quality and will be able to withstand the test of time. Another great benefit is that they can be used during all different seasons and users can expect an all-day comfort with these gloves.
- These gloves come with an adjustable strap, allowing golfers to adjust the gloves for better comfort.
- The mesh lycra stitching design is great for golfers seeking a tight and comfortable fit.
- The company that makes this product offers consumers a 100% guarantee.
- These are all-weather performance gloves, meaning you can wear them in any season, at any time!
- These gloves are also built from highly-breathable materials, preventing the build-up of sweat and odors.
- Users have mentioned that these gloves can run thin.
We are eager to share the last glove on this list, for users that want style and functionality from a great glove company, these are it. Let’s talk about the Mizuno RainFit Golf Gloves and what users can expect from these high-quality golf gloves today. Here are two important points to take into consideration.
One of the best aspects of these high-quality golf gloves is that they are designed with an easy to wear and functional handle grip design. Users have even mentioned that they have worn these gloves for a long period of time in the rain and the gloves were never damaged and never lost grip while out on the golf course. With that in mind, the grip is medium-strong and allows users a durable experience.
Pair of Gloves
What is most unique about this particular manufacturer is that they sold these gloves in a pair. Therefore, yes for the price of one an individual is getting two. This allows users a more thorough experience and they act more as a superior alternative to actual golf gloves that are intended for premium professional use. With that in mind, they are built like golf gloves and are great for every day swinging on the golf course.
Cost And Value
As we take cost and value into consideration for these golf gloves we cannot help but realize that an individual is getting a two for one deal. With these gloves, individuals are assured a superior grip for starter gloves and even in wet environments or rainy days do they handle really well. With that said, they are highly touted with 4.5 stars and users praise them as one of the best.
- These are high-quality golf gloves with a stellar grip.
- The black design is very appealing to many consumers.
- These gloves are made from both lightweight materials and breathable properties.
- Each purchase comes in a pair.
- These are great golfing gloves for everyday use.
- The maker of these gloves is a well-known brand in the sports industry.
- Little to no information online.
Let’s talk a bit about quality. These next gloves will not disappoint due to their expert design qualities and the aesthetics that make them exceptional professional gloves. Now, what is even more impressive is the material that the gloves are made out of. Let’s talk about the Hirzl Men’s Trust Control Texture Palm Kangaroo Leather Golf Gloves and what users can expect from these quality gloves. Here are two vital points to take into consideration.
Premium Material Design
These gloves were designed for professionals by professionals. With that, users can expect that the materials used to create the gloves are expertly crafted. Now, what is the most unique is the gridlock material in the palm, which is in fact, made from kangaroo leather. This type of leather allows for maximum durability, comfort, and grip so users can trust their stance, their performance, and their club when swinging. With that said, the glove is designed from Cabretta Leather and an Airtech mesh which allows for better breathability and sweat absorption. Which brings us to our next vital point about these quality gloves.
The Palm and The Grip
These gloves are perfectly crafted for all weather environments. This is due to the quality breathability aspect of the gloves which are designed for users that want to use the gloves during hot weather environments. With that said, the technology used by this brand allows strong protection against constant movement and wear and tear, which can happen to golf clubs due to swinging, carrying, and added movement. Lastly, the gloves can be hand washed in cold water, but it is recommending to never dry the gloves in sunlight or dryer.
Cost And Value
As we talk about cost and value, we can see why these gloves are worth the price that they are. Users will tout and appreciate the quality of the golf gloves. Now, the biggest benefit is that this brand has designed these for professionals that want longevity and quality. Therefore, users can expect that this glove can withstand the test of time. For the cost, we believe they are one of the best well-priced gloves out there when it comes to quality, durability, and expert features.
- These are high-quality gloves that are designed for professionals.
- These are very appealing and highly functional.
- The product is made with a blend of kangaroo leather, AirTech Mesh, and Cabretta leather to promote a high-quality product.
- These gloves come with a weather-wet grip design, which allows for better use in rain or wet climates.
- Golfers will find these brand one of the best brands in the golfing industry.
- Consumers can pick from a wide variety of sizes and hand choices.
- Users have mentioned that the gloves are not as durable as they would have liked.
What makes the Best Golf Gloves?
The first thing you need to know about a golf glove is this – you only need a golf glove for one hand. And it is for your non-dominant hand. For example, if you are a right-handed golfer, then you need to buy a glove for your left hand, and vice versa. Having two gloves does not do you any good, as you still need to have the combination of grip and a feel for the golf club that only your hand can provide. Clearly, you can go out golfing without a golf glove, but there is a greater chance for your hands to develop blisters, calluses and sweaty, which could cause you to lose grip on your club. If you were to lose grip on your club, the club face could shift, causing you to hit a golf ball in the way the wrong direction. Or, even worse, you could just lose grip on your golf club, and your golf club could fly out of your hands. Don’t let your golf club fly out of your hands! Let’s find the right golf glove for you.
- Leather – This is the most common material among all golf gloves on the market. The material is best known to allow you to have the best feel among any of the materials, allowing you to feel the club like you didn’t have a glove, but providing the necessary grip to keep your golf club under control. A leather golf glove is also very breathable, ensuring your hand stays as cool as possible. These golf gloves tend to just a little bit higher in cost, as it is a more natural product. Another thing which does hinder the leather golf glove is they tend to wear out a little bit faster, due to them not being waterproof. The gloves are affected not only by rain but also by sweat from inside the glove, which can cause them to get crusty. Lastly, leather is known to stretch out, and if you buy a size of the glove which is loose fitting, over time, it will continue to stretch to where it won’t be a tight fit anymore. This loose fit will cause you to lose grip on the golf club, which defeats the reason you have a golf glove.
- Synthetic – This kind of golf glove is made from a synthetic leather material, where it provides you with the same feeling that a leather glove provides, but tends to not stretch as much. This synthetic material is also more flexible than normal leather, allowing you to have the necessary feel and grip to allow you to be comfortable with any shot. The synthetic material tends to be a little bit more waterproof than leather, so you can play out in the rain more often or not be as concerned about your hand sweating a little bit more. Which, your hand will sweat a little bit more, as the synthetic material is not as breathable as regular leather. Overall, this kind of glove will not need to be replaced as often, as it will hold its shape longer and not be as fragile under adverse conditions, but you sacrifice some feel in order to attain this.
- Hybrid – We’re not talking about your hybrid golf club here, this is in reference to the material, which is actually a combination of real leather and synthetic leather. You are able to combine the best attributes from leather and synthetic. When you look at this hybrid glove, the palm and the fingertips are made from the leather material, whereas the wear points and joints on the glove are made out of the synthetic material. By placing the leather portions where they are you, you get to still have the feel of a leather glove, while also gaining the flexibility that synthetic offers you. This combination of the materials is a different feel that you have to get used to. This golf glove offers you the flexibility and durability needed, so you do not have to purchase a new glove as often as a leather glove, but you would have to purchase them more often in comparison to a straight synthetic golf glove.
- Ball Marker – Some of the golf gloves come with a ball marker on them. If you don’t want the ball marker, it shouldn’t distract you, but you can look for a glove which does not have a ball marker option. If the golf glove you have does have a ball marker, you can always just take the ball marker off and throw it away. It all depends upon your own preference, and what you want; if you want to have a convenient way to mark your ball, then you can ensure you have a golf glove with the marker. If you don’t need it, then you can just ignore this feature and move on.
- Color – As you saw in the Brand portion of this review, most of the golf gloves on the market have a base color of white. However, a lot of the gloves have a secondary color on them, and that secondary color can be any one of a variety of different colors. If you want a white golf glove with some navy blue in it; you can purchase that. Perhaps you want some gray…or red…or green – those options are available to you as well.
Each brand puts their secondary colors in a different spot, each of which can provide you a way to let your personality shine thru. Not only should your golf glove feel comfortable, but if you have one which is comfortable, you can see what kinds of colors are available in that line. More golf glove manufacturers are expanding their color pallets, meaning there are more colors available now compared to any point in our recent history. No longer are we restrained to have a white on white golf glove – and the more golf gloves which are purchased with a wide range of colors in them, the more the manufacturers will continue to expand the colors in the marketplace.
When it comes to choosing the best golf gloves, the material of the glove will make up a majority of your decision. However, there are other attributes of your glove which can sway your decision one way or another.
One of these things is how the glove stays on your hand. There are some gloves which just slip onto your hand and have an elastic band around the wrist area to help keep the glove secure around your hand. However, the elastic band can loosen up over time; especially the more often you put on and take off the golf glove.
Another option for securing the golf glove to your hand is to use golf gloves which have a Velcro strap on them. By utilizing the Velcro strap, you can pull the golf glove as tight as it needs to be for a secure fit each and every time. This will ensure your grip stays strong on the golf club, and that your glove will provide the necessary support during each swing. The issue with this style is if the Velcro ever ends up failing on you, then you don’t have a way to secure the glove on your hand, and will need to replace the golf glove right away. If this happens during the middle of the round, then you will be without a golf glove for the remainder of your round.
In addition to how it is secure, some golf gloves come with a ball marker. This makes it much more convenient when you are playing a round of golf, to ensure you have a ball marker readily available, without having to dig one out of your bag. The thing to be aware of with this is that the ball marker is typically a button, and can come off either very easily, or it could be very difficult. Each one has a different type of secureness, so if having this option is important to you, you need to ensure you find one that is both easy to take off, but secure enough to where it doesn’t randomly fall off.
Another thing to consider is how thick the material is of your golf glove. The thinner the material is, then the more often you will need to replace your golf glove. There needs to be enough material on your golf glove to give to ensure it doesn’t rip or break, but not too thick to where you don’t have a good feel of the golf club. Each brand offers a slightly different amount of material, so you need to ensure you find one that fits your hands well, and provides you with the feel that you desire.
Golf Gloves Best Brands
There are many different brands of gloves in the marketplace. Each brand offers their own style and unique take to the golf glove. You would not think there would be much variation in each brand of the golf glove, but between the material they use the most, the breathability of each golf glove and the color and style of fit they provide, it will be important for you to find the right brand that meets your needs.
- TaylorMade – TaylorMade have nine different golf gloves available within the retail market. All of their gloves have a white base to them, and have golf gloves for both left handed and right handed players. They have golf gloves which are good in all weather conditions, and ones which are best for days when it is blistering hot outside. All of their gloves come with the Velcro strap, to ensure the glove stays on tight.
- Wilson – Wilson has seven different golf gloves available within the marketplace, although one of the gloves is more of a mitten than a glove, as it does not have any individual finger places. Of the other six, five have a white base color, and one of the gloves has a black base color. They have golf gloves specifically for men and women, and either type of glove can be bought for those who need either a right handed or left handed glove. Five of the six gloves have a Velcro strap on them, to ensure a tight fit. The sixth glove is more of a winter glove, and has a longer cuff to protect the wrists from adverse weather conditions.
- Callaway – Callaway offers you 18 different golf gloves for you to choose from, which offer a wide range of possibilities for you. They offer gloves which are good during the winter, including mittens, and golf gloves which have extra layers on them if you want a glove to play during the winter time. A majority of the gloves have white as a base, and there are options for both women and men. All of their styles of gloves are available for both left handed and right handed gloves. They have options which have both Velcro straps, as well as tight-fitting gloves which will stay on your wrists. They have golf gloves which are waterproof, and others which are more breathable. They also have a line of opticolor gloves, which are traditional gloves in a more vibrant color, including green, blue, red and black.
- FootJoy – FootJoy offers an enormous 26 different options for your golf glove needs. A majority of the gloves come in a white base, with five coming in a black base, and one coming in a green base. They have golf gloves which are available to you to help combat any weather environment. If you want to play in cold weather, then you can get golf gloves which are either thicker or in a mitten design. If you want golf gloves which for warmer environments, then they have these options available as well, as they are more breathable and have less material on them. They have gloves which are made fully out of leather, as well as synthetic leather and a hybrid of those materials. They have gloves specifically for men and women, and all of their styles are available for those who are left handed and right handed.
Velcro vs. Form-Fitting
When it comes to ensuring your golf glove stays on your hand, you have two main options for golf gloves. These options are either having a golf glove that is more form-fitting or having a golf glove which has a Velcro strap on it. Each option has its benefits, as well as drawbacks.
For a form-fitting fit, you don’t have to worry about the form-fitting completely failing on you, or being ripped up or torn apart. Because it is form fitting, it will always be able to slip over your hand, as well as being able to come off whenever you want. This means the golf glove will always perform for you when you need it to. However, the drawback is, over time, the form-fitting will begin to expand, and the golf glove will start becoming looser. The other thing with this kind of glove is that it is much harder for anyone else to borrow your golf glove – not that you want someone else to borrow your glove, so this will help deter someone from doing so. Once the form-fitting glove starts not to fit your hand anymore, you will have to replace it, which means you might be replacing this type of glove more often.
When it comes to golf gloves with a Velcro strap, you can ensure this type of golf glove will always fit your hand, whether your hand ends up changing shape or not. By having a Velcro strap, you can also determine how loose or how tight you want a golf glove to be, which gives you a wide range of flexibility with your golf glove. This flexibility gives you the comfort you desire with each golf shot and can ensure your golf glove lasts a long time. Talking about durability, the Velcro strap is typically very durable, but it has been known to rip the actual golf glove from time to time. If this happens, then your golf glove will not deliver a tight fit, meaning you will have to play the rest of your round without a glove, if you it rips during the round.
Criteria Used To Evaluate The Best Golf Gloves
We are eager to share with you what has become many of our fans favorite section. With this section, our intention is that our viewers get to know our process for picking out equipment gear. With that, we hope we bring some insight into the lives and world of our readers with efforts in enhancing their golf performance and knowledge. However, since the last thing many individuals have the time to read about is golf gear, in this case, golf gloves, in an effort to find the best golf gloves we did the research for you.
With that said, we are eager to begin what our criteria were when finding and developing the best golf gloves top ten lists. Now, you will see below different elements that were important to us. Upon reading what the different aspects of golf gloves were, we developed this list in efforts in finding the best from different brands. Our goal is always to give a wide variety of gear that is beneficial and all around the same value and quality scale. Without further wait, let’s begin with the first of the main criteria. This is what we have to say when it comes to the quality of gloves and why it is so important.
Quality of The Gloves
When it comes to finding the right products, we knew it was vital to ensure maximum quality. Golf is unlike most sports and hobbies. The gear tends to be of another level and users tend to want the best quality gear and equipment. Therefore, we had to ensure for both amateurs and professionals that the quality of the gloves would be of the highest quality. Reason being that if not, an individual’s swing could suffer greatly. More so, if an individual spends money on gloves that are not of quality, it ends up being a waste.
Therefore, we read a lot of reviews, focused on the best quality products, and ensured that the brands quality matched what people were saying. That was our primary goal! Now, to determine quality we do so by looking at other aspects, such as the benefits of the gloves in comparison to the aesthetics and features. Essentially, the quality of the gloves is summarized by the other criteria’s and how they function with one another. As the first on the list to determine the quality, we had to look at the material of the gloves.
Materials of The Gloves
The material of the gloves was detrimental towards us finding the best gloves. The reason is that the material of the gloves can really shift, enhance, or worsen the way a person plays the sport. What is the primary purpose of the gloves? We asked ourselves this question repeatedly and realized that, to many individuals, it is comfort and grip. Therefore, we had to take into consideration the materials of the gloves and how they would fit an individual. This is what we discovered!
It seems there are about two different types of gloves, synthetic leather gloves, and genuine leather gloves. What we discovered is that synthetic leather gloves tend to crack and ware more and quicker than real gloves. With that, they can also be costly. Other materials we realized were in the gloves wee mesh, cotton, and other moisture-absorbing materials that would enhance the quality of the gloves. With that said, after realizing that the materials were vital to the construction quality of the gloves, our next step was to discover how durable the gloves actually are.
Durability of The Gloves
When it comes to durability, this is a no-brainer of criteria. Users want durability, they want gloves that can handle wear and tear and are flexible enough to be used virtually anywhere. With that, another aspect of the gloves was how durable they were in wet weather conditions as well as how durable they were after an individual sweats. With this question and criteria, we realized that durability of the gloves is a high priority for different brands as well, guaranteeing longevity and quality.
Now, as far as durability goes, it also depends on how well an individual takes care of the gloves. If an individual is taking their moisture-filled gloves and tossing them on a pile of clothes, chances are it can wear and tare rather quickly compared to setting them out to dry comfortably. With that said, one of the most important aspects that many users have taken into consideration when it comes to the design of the gloves is how breathable they are. With that, we move onto the next criteria.
Early on our research, we knew we had to add this criterion into the mix of important things to look for. Reason being is that glove breathability ensures the comfort of an individual while out on the course. Have you ever worn gloves to realize that your hands were swimming in a pool of sweat? Well, no golfer wants that feeling and it only occurs with extremely cheap gloves that do not have proper insulation.
With that said, we had to test our and take into consideration the many different breathable methods and materials that brands used. Some use perforated leather, mesh material, and even kangaroo leather. However, the primary theme was still the same, users wanted breathability from their gloves and we knew we had to include that as a criterion. However, how can a brand tout breathability without sacrificing quality, well, it all depends on the design!
The glove design is also one of the most important aspects of a glove that we took into consideration when comprising this list. The glove design essentially will make way for the rest of the glove and how a user functions with it. With that, we had to take many different factors into consideration ranging from adjustments, to fit, to the material, to stretchiness, and more.
However, we only included gloves that were designed with specific features to enhance performance. So, we included gloves that had a masterful grip and great moisture-resistant material quality. This design alongside a bit of stretch and durability created a winning combination in our books. With that said, another aspect of glove design was the size and the color, which we quickly realized most gloves came in white.
Cost And Value
As always, we have to include cost and value. The reason being with gloves is that the value has to over exceed the cost. Users want gloves that can handle the test of time and be extremely durable at the same time. With that, the value is only enhanced if the glove is designed with a great group of features to enhance performance and quality. However, all of this alongside an unbeatable price created a winning recipe.
Now, how was cost determined? Well, it all depends on the maker and the glove design alongside materials. Of course, gloves designed from real leather ended up costing a bit more than gloves made from synthetic leather. However, the quality had to be close if not, the same. Essentially, users want a glove that can withstand the test of time, and the cost cannot be pricey unless the glove will hold its end of the bargain. With that, we reviewed a lot of the consumer reviews and included only the best gloves that were designed with cost and value in mind.
This is a particular criterion if we know we are going to be included some of the most touted or famous companies on the board. With that, in this particular genre, there are only a few companies that run the gamut for being the best. Therefore, we wanted to focus on each brands history while also including new brands that some of our viewers may have potentially never heard of. This was important because since many of our readers are starting out, introducing them to the right brands straight off the bat is crucial.
This concludes the criteria portion of our article. As we have said, our intention is to always include the best products out there and be transparent with how they were picked. With that, we wanted to bring more value to our reader by answering some of the most frequently asked questions that viewers have when it comes to quality gloves.
Frequently Asked Question
When it comes to Frequently Asked Questions, there are not a lot of questions which are asked where the answer is not completely obvious. However, we’ll cover a few questions anyway, to ensure everyone is on the same page.
Q: Can I order a Custom Golf Glove?
As with any item in the marketplace, yes, you can order a custom glove. However, as with everything in the custom market, there is a price which has to be paid. A majority of the time, that price is not worth the customization that you desire. The most common customization which is asked for is a color. Because most manufacturers only makes the golf glove in a certain color, those are the only colors they have on hand for their machines. In order to make a new color, they have to order that color; and, they typically can’t order it in a small quantity. There is never any harm in asking if you can have a custom color on your golf glove, just be prepared to not being able to order it, or for it to be more expensive then you might want.
Q: My Golf Glove Ripped – Can I repair it?
No matter how skilled you, or someone you know, are at sewing, it’s not recommended that you stitch up a golf glove which has ripped. Most golf gloves are made from one or two pieces of material, which are formed in a way to make one glove. If you have some stitching on your golf glove, it will take away from the feel that your golf glove will give you, along with taking away some of the flexibility it offers you. The golf glove will stretch and move in a different way compared to how it did before, and any change in the feel you have with your clubs will cause you to be more uncomfortable overall. If you have a golf glove which rips or tears, the recommendation is that you go ahead and replace it.
Q: In Baseball, the batters wear two gloves – why don’t they in Golf?
Anytime you watch a baseball game, you’ll see that baseball players do in fact wear gloves on both hands, typically. Baseball gloves are made out of a different material than golf gloves; in addition to this, at the major league level, the bats are made out of wood. They wear gloves to ensure they do not get any splinters in their hands from swinging the bats. In Golf, you are dealing with a rubber grip on a golf club, so you don’t actually have to wear any glove in order to swing the golf club. However, golf gloves are proven to give you a better feel for the club as you swing thru. The reason you have a golf club on the hand which is non-dominant is that that hand is more towards the top of the club, which has a bigger impact on the club shifting within your hands. By having the golf glove on the hand which is more towards the top of the club, you help the club not sway during your swing. The grip of the glove helps you keep the club straight, so you can ensure the golf ball goes in the direction you want.
Q: How often should I replace my Golf Glove, even if it doesn’t rip or shrivel up?
There is no steadfast rule when it comes to golf gloves and how often you should replace them, as there is a wide variety of factors which can contribute to how soon a golf glove stops performing for you. The three main factors are the type of material your golf glove is made out of, what kind of weather do you play in and how often do you play? If you have the right glove for the right environment and don’t go out and play that much each year, then your golf glove will be in good shape, and won’t need to be replaced. If you play golf more than once a week, then you will need to replace your golf glove at least once during a season. And if you play golf even more frequently, then you should plan on replacing your golf glove more often. The best case scenario for you is to find the right material for a golf glove to match your weather environment, and then you take care of the golf glove in order to lengthen its life, so you don’t have to purchase a new one sooner than expected.
Q: Do the gloves have good grip?
This question is the most often and commonly asked question. Individuals are wanting a great grip glove because with a great grip they can properly hold the golf club. With that, the last thing a user wants is for the club to swing off of their hand because of a no grip glove. Other than that, users want to know if the gloves offer grip in water and moisture-environments. The best way to answer this is to make sure the gloves have a properly designed palm grip area. Some gloves use bubble-like textures and some use a rubber-like synthetic material. In any case, the grip is crucial for optimum performance.
Q: Are the gloves water-resistant?
This was another frequently asked question by many consumers. The reason being is that when out on hot days, an individual wearing gloves may sweat often. Therefore, users care about water-resistance and quality, which is extremely important. Now, with that as a concern, we can say that most of the gloves on this list are some form of water-resistant, whether it be the material or the style.
Another important aspect talking about the water-resistance of the glove, is if the inside of the gloves were breathable enough for individuals to not cause access moisture. With perforated materials and mesh, glove manufactures insured that the gloves would be moisture-resistant.
Q: What is the inside liner of the gloves?
This is one of the most important aspects of the gloves. Of course, the outside material has to made from a weather-resistant design and material that can withstand the sun, rain, and lots of ware and tare. The inside material of the gloves are designed for moisture-resistance and comfort. For many manufactures it was a blend of breathability and stretchiness that created the inside liner. Some used part spandex part other materials. For better detail, it is always best to read the description of each glove. This happened to be one of the most frequently asked questions.
Q: Are the gloves machine washable?
Now, this is what may be the most asked question that also shocked us the most. We do understand the importance of glove quality and design. However, we were impressed by how many gloves are not machine washable. With that, since many gloves are made of synthetic or real leather, they are not to be washed under any circumstance. However, gloves made of polyester or spandex can be washed in the machine carefully.
Q: Do the gloves have an adjustment strap?
As the last most frequently asked question, this next question is towards the area of comfort. When it comes to comfort, many viewers were asking about the quality of the gloves and the ability for it to be adjusted. With that, some manufacturers included an adjustment strap at the entrance of the gloves or in the upper hand area. However, most manufacturers designed the glove with a stretchy spandex design that allowed the entrance of the glove to expand and conform to the wrist. With that said, gloves with an adjustment strap were few and far in between.
When it comes to finding the best golf gloves for you and your needs, there are plenty of features and benefits to consider. Once you find the right combination of material and feel, then you will have a golf glove which will help you reduce your score. If you just go to a pro shop, or a retail store, and buy any glove of the shelf, you are doing yourself more harm than good. A golf glove is intended to help you with your golf shot, and not make you more uncomfortable with any shot.
It does take a little time and effort and research to find the right golf glove, but once you have found it, then you can continue to purchase the same one for as long as it continues to feel comfortable. It is always wise to look at the options within the marketplace every couple of years, meaning you should revisit your checklist, and ensure all the boxes are being checked as they should be. You might see there is another option available to you, and there is no harm in trying out a new glove to see if it is even a better fit for you than what you currently use.
We hope this guide has helped you in determining which golf glove is best for you, and help you lower your score on the golf course. Thanks for reading, and good luck in your next round of golf!